- After a successful, productive day at work yesterday, I decided to take it chillax at work today.
- Learned that our intern will get fired soon (I feel bad, but at the same time, it might teach her a lesson. I just hope she really was just doing nothing all day long).
- Listened to Beyoncé's new album, Renaissance (On the first pass, it sounded like a good album, but I'll definitely have to re-listen to it to know my top songs. Love the chorus on Alien Superstar though).
- Decided that one day, I'll have my own clothing line (Probably limited to a few pieces, I don't want to create the next Zara or H&M or whatever. Although, if someone is looking for a multi-million dollar idea, create Aritzia for men).
- Good gym session (My gym sessions lately have always been good. I also did a pull-up workout today and I realized how fkn strong I was back in my track days. I used to do 6 sets of 10 pull-up + 10 dips non-assisted wtf lol. I can barely do 5x10 assisted now LOL).
- Pretty good badminton session (I need to figure out when to eat because eating and then playing badminton right after is no go lol. I also need to practice my drives more doubles especially on the backhand side).
- Went to go eat at Keung Kee with the badminton gang.
Thought of the day:
Okay, initially, I wanted to write a post about how I want to learn to think and act in extremes.
But I'm way too fucking tired and I feel like it's a post that deserves a lengthier post to give examples and also explain why I want this in my life.
For today, I'll just talk about how I feel about my personal coaching practice or how I should go about it.
In my opinion, the most effective way of making an impact + marketing my services will be through content creation.
On one end, you get to help people indirectly who consumes your content and on the other end, as you create more and more content, you get your name out there, people who like your content trust you more, you position yourself as "an expert" in your field and it's a good funnel to get new clients.
So as I was thinking of what type of content I want to create as well as me posting content, I got a bit anxious about it.
I started thinking of the perfect way to post content without being cringe or without people finding it weird and it's not the mentality I want to be in. I mean, it's normal to feel a bit nervous about it. After all, I'm "creating" a new online presence and, consequently, I'm breaking the mold that I used to have online.
A while back, I posted a YouTube video of myself talking about how the only way to attract people similar to yourself, is to show the world who you really are. I gave an example the fact that if you're really into anime, but you only think about it in your head and never tell anyone about it, it'll be very hard to attract other people who like anime.
I think this is going to be a similar process where when I'll first start posting coaching content or whatever, some people might be like what the fuck and unfollow me or something, but the people who will keep me or even interact with me are the people that I should actually care about.
But it's hard, mentality. I guess it's, again, my people pleaser side. Being afraid of being rejected at some fundamental level. It's like "hey, this is who I am"... "Ah fuck, some people just genuinely don't like the real me." But I know it's better this way.
The only people I need in my life are the people who want me for ME. So I have to keep that in mind.
It'll be a big step for me I think... although, I've already posted more embarrassing things on my YouTube channel and it hasn't really changed my life hahaha.
Whatever, I'm probably overthinking it.
Just fucking do it and see what happens. Or see that nothing actually happens.
"We suffer more often in imagination than in reality" - Seneca.
Okay, I'm actually getting a bit excited now haha.
I just realized that this will not only be fun because I can talk about self-improvement and shit, but also because it'll test if I actually do know what the fuck I'm talking about when it comes to business.