- Laziest day since I moved out. I literally couldn't do anything productive today.
- Read a bunch of manga chapters like the good ol' days.
- My one redemption was that I vacuumed and mopped the house.
- Went to the spa with the original 3 amigos (spa felt amaaaazing for my body).
- Honoured to have been asked to be a groomsmen at Mr. Funkopop's wedding.
- Super nice time and talk and chill at Keung Kee post-spa.
Thought of the day:
I felt like shit today.
First of all, I woke up hella late during a work day.
Then, I proceeded to be a lazy motherfucker for the rest of the day.
Literally did NOOOOTHING.
I felt so bad, but I could not, for the life of me, get myself to do something productive.
It made me realize that I've been somewhat goalless and directionless for the past few weeks.
Actually, in terms of goals, I haven't really set myself any real real goals in a while.
Part of it must be due to my trauma of setting myself goals in the past and never achieving them and then feeling shitty about myself.
I don't think I'm at that level yet where I can set myself a grand goal, break it down into smaller goals and achieve them.
However, I did want to start thriving and progressing in life so after lazying around the whole day, I decided to create myself a little goal sheet for October.
I told myself, yearly goals or life goals are way too daunting for me and daily goals make me feel like I'm constantly doing random shit without direction so why not try monthly goals?
They're flexible enough so that I can always adjust if things don't seem to fit with me, but also long enough so that if I do a few of them cumulatively, it'll end up bringing me somewhere.
So I ended up creating myself a little Google Sheet with these 4 goals:
- Average of 8.5hrs of sleep
- Gym 4x per week
- 4x8mins of recovery per week
- 2x20mins badminton footwork per week
For each of them, I created a small table with the 7 days of the week and week 1-4 to keep track of how I'm doing.
At the end of the month, I'll be able to evaluate how I did and adjust accordingly the next month or prioritize other things as I see fit.
I still do not know where all this will lead me, but I feel like these are the things I need to focus on this month.
Wish me luck.